Friday, January 20, 2012

Praise You God for our "twilight" conversations.

Lord, please direct my thoughts, words and actions.  Be with me, to convict me of my words, that they may only glorify You.  That they may stir others to seek you greatly.  You care for your flock, and Lord, I am trying to reach that flock; the lost, the confused, the curious, the content, who should dare not feel content.  May I grow, as I share candidly, my journey.  Amen.

Today during my devotions, this came upon me, "It's not about me, it's about You".  I need to remember to focus on Christ, that this has so very little to do with me.  I am simply Holy Spirit filled.  But, that obviously is not a simple thing.  But, Jesus followers know now that following Him only has simple directions.  The road is hard and rough and dangerous.  But the instructions are basic.  Read His Word.  Worship Him.  Spread His Good News.  Love, Love, Love like Jesus.  In a nutshell, that's it!  Isn't that cool?  Come join me in the simplicity!  Bask in it!

I love the time just before I wake up.  This is a time when I generally get my messages from God.  Many days, I wake with a beautiful song in my head:

January 13:  Come to Jesus
January 14:  I'm Desperate For You
January 15:  Oh, The wondrous Cross
January 16:  Oh, The wondrous Cross
January 17:  Jesus Messiah

What a nice set list, eh?

But, some mornings right before awakening, and actually sometimes I am awakened from a deep sleep, I get a message planted in my heart, from God.

I know they are from God when they are instructive or positive.  Yes, the Evil One likes to plant things, but not very often anymore.  I discern these statements and have come up with 100% proof that they come from God when they assist me in my journey.

Today, I woke up (and wrote down quickly--please keep a pad of paper and pen by your bed to take notes--it is too precious to waste these things) to:

"There will be peaks and valleys in life, but only evil will try to separate us from each other during the valley times.  I will never separate from you".

Isn't that just awesome?  You can have this happen also to you.  Have faith!  Raw faith!

I am so saddened, but never discouraged for my faith, when I share a vision, dream or answered prayer with someone who lacks this kind of faith.  They quickly change the subject.  They have a confused look on their face.   They catalog this in their memory to share later as gossip.  I am sad for them, because the instant I share, I can tell.

I share these things because they are worthy of His adoration.  Others need to hear of what is happening supernaturally in our pristine U. S. of A.  We are spoiled brats and we have it all, many of us, so why need tear filled prayers?  Why would I, someone who has a good job, a house and car, decent health and prior lukewarm Christianity, need this kind of wild faith?  Well, because the Lord decided to reveal it to me.  And I was open to it.  And I keep continually quieting down my life so that I can keep hearing Him over all the noise.  The noise of the TV.  The noise of the radio.  The sewage that is available on the airways and internet. I now understand, after approximately 13 months of conversion, that the Holy Spirit is working in me to change me daily, to be more like Christ.  And I am all ears!  I read His Word for instruction, found a great church, found a new family in Christ, and now I am on the road.  This will never end.  This journey is just beginning for me.  Praise the seasoned Christians that came upon my path over the last two years that said the truth, "We will never be there yet".  "We are reaching and growing the entire time until our last breath".

My entire life I was surrounded by people (some by my own choosing), that acted like they were there!  They had arrived!  They had it all figured out.  But, I saw no growth.  So, I didn't think I needed growth.  I leaned so hard on John 3:16, as they did, that I was feeling absolutely guilty, and confused, as I thought, "He will forgive me anyhow".  But why do I still wear these shackles?  Keep reading.  I bet many of you feel as I did once.  Now, My Savior paid my ransom and it is done.  I am free!

What a way to live.  I don't suggest it.  I was a perfectionist, a type A, a controller of sorts.  That is a bad combo for letting the Holy Spirit in.  It was the perfect storm.   So, I go around with these traits that I think are blessings, while my world continues to crumble around me.  Relationships crumble.  Abuse happens.  Secrets are kept.  So many secrets.  I was made to believe that secrets were acceptable.  To honor those over honesty and restoration.  I bet Jesus hates secrets.



How to get this:  Start with faith.  Why would I share this blog?  There is no money involved.  I have little time to type these.  The Lord makes my time.  I have critics lurching, searching for me to fall, to slip.  I assume some are reading this to laugh, since I am no longer wasting my Lord's precious time.

Your faith that this is true.  That is a great place to start.  Where else can you come to, to see 2-3 fresh blogs a week, about a born again journey?  At the comfort of your computer.

I tell you, the Lord is working through many, many people.  I have met some of these people.  They are weeping like me.  They are talking a mile a minute about their new faith.  They are taking big risks, talking about the glorious things God is doing in their life.  They are changing their lives to save their families, right now.

And the Lord is using the internet to reach the ends of the earth.  He wants all to hear of Him.  I understand there are places that have internet access, but no running water.  If you are one of these people, have faith!  God has reached you!

Join in my raw faith experience.  I am certain I will have so much more to share.  I have five journals filled with my prayers, praises and revelations.  All from only 12 months.  The Lord has filled me and He has certainly put me to work.  I am doing His work.  If He decides to end this blog, I will disappear from this site.   I assume that means He wants my energies put elsewhere, or He has decided that it is not effective.  He will let me know.

Fill your heart daily with His good music and message and I bet you will have great news on your heart as you awaken to His glorious sunshine daily!  Glory to God!  Jesus, Redeemer!  Savior of my soul!


Mark 9: 23-24  "If you can?" said Jesus.  "Everything is possible for him who believes."  Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, " I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief".

Mark 10: 27 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God".

No comments:

Post a Comment