Sunday, August 28, 2011

On Our Knees

Amazing what a humbling experience aging is.  The Lord ages us, the world wants to remind us of this curse, of the gift....... of wisdom.  We are surrounded by reminders of this "curse" of aging.  I can say I try to become more open minded as I age.  I relax more about things.  I don't force things and I wait.  I try new things.  Not stupid, dangerous things, but things that test me.  I try to unlock the keypad at work with my left hand.  I don't know about you, but I try to use my left hand alot when it is that I am right handed.  I read things that I don't agree with, including editorials that I know could wind me up a bit.  How about something radical like getting on your knees intentionally for the first time to pray to our Lord?  I had a sister in Christ, Shelley mention it to me recently.  I have my boyfriend who does it pretty regularly.  I did do it yesterday.  I believe Joyce Meyers (ministry), yelled at me over the TV to do it.  (I love her, check her out.)  So, with my house pretty quiet as I keep it most days, and no one home but the cat, I got down at my bedside.  And I was having a very wonderful morning with the Holy Spirit anyhew, so there I went.  And I cried.  And I had cried plenty that morning in anguish about my missing the mark so much in so many years.  Tired of wasting His precious time. 

I have to say, I am amazed when I find myself having these wisdom filled conversations with certain people, there are plenty who are on their knees.  There are plenty who tithe.  There are plenty who have been on mission trips.  There are plenty who are not wasting any more time. 

My sweetheart, Joe has a buddy who after a couple of years of friendship finally spilled the beans that he goes to two universities with campus security permission, and preaches from the sidewalk.  Praise God!!  I love this!  He is compelled to spread wisdom all over because it is spilling out of him. 

I feel it is spilling out of me all over the place.  And I will lose people in my life because of this.  On my aching knees, crying.  For my soiled earthly skin and soul.  For all those who are either not hearing the good news of Christ, or those who missed the actual relationship with Christ, thought they were wise.  I thought I was wise.  And then I finally let the Word of God come to life to me.  And I let go of all of the control I had.  It felt good. Every day is a journey now.  Amen Lord.  All the Glory to you, Papa.

Ross noticed my blue stickie note on my bathroom mirror (I love to use that as my personal cheerleader bulletin board).  The stickie says in black Sharpie "On Your Knees".  He asked me what that meant.  And I simply said that is another way to pray.  And that the Bible encourages us to pray that way also.  Amen it is so.

No comments:

Post a Comment