Saturday, November 5, 2011

"Tracks"--Laying down and building a railroad line to heaven...

Praise and Glory to God our hope and our strength!  My heart is heavy today so I have decided to spend most of this Saturday with the Lord.  My Father has decided to put some subjects on my mind today that are overwhelming.  He has put me back into the "rock tumbler" (that will be a future blog to explain).  He is shaking me up, sanding down the edges and making me wait for a better result of "me".  I believe in Him, His entire Biblical word, the absolute power of prayer and miracles and I know this most wonderful Father is looking after me, loving me, but also, disciplining me.  I will be a more sturdy soldier for Him after this.  I will endure and His Helper I begged to be close by today.  And I am not alone.  He is with me.  Praise you Lord!!!

I am sure you have encountered "tracks" in your past.  Or some call them "God Tracks".  I used to read some of these.  Some I just threw away or ignored.  I assumed they were not for me. 

I feared they were from a religion that was trying to poison others.  But, embarrassingly some of these I read were simply stating the fact that you must be born again in Christ.  And I read it, and tossed it.  I'm already there, I thought.  Leave me alone.  Bug someone else.  I have already been baptized as an infant.  And.....I am not doing all that bad compared to others.

Well, this born again beautiful, beautiful experience opened my mind!  And here I thought I was open minded.  But, to the evils of this world.  I was open minded to all kinds of ways of life.  You know:  Live and Let Live, right? 

The Lord opened my mind to read this type of material:  I was at a Waterloo outdoor event with live music and beer this spring.  I was starting on a new journey.  I was just learning to try to take baby steps away from my old way of life.  I was having some beers, socializing.  I was also talking to others around me about religion and some of the things happening to me lately.  I knew it was getting awkward to try to live in the old, and walk in the light.  And I felt my days were numbered because the Lord was not letting me enjoy myself very much.  He was giving me a headache over 1-2 drinks.  He took away my craving for alcohol to a large degree.  He made me bored with the shallow talkers over cocktails.  He told me to quit wasting His precious time.  And in that cocktail talk in the outdoor beer garden, my co-workers boyfriend handed me a piece of paper.  He said it was a beer ticket.  I took it and walked up to the beer stand, pulled it out and it was a track!  It says "Free Ticket" and looks like a ticket. 

Well, no beer for that, but I tucked it in my pocket and forgot about it.  I thought that was strange.  I don't know him, but he goes to a branch of a church I go to.  His girlfriend (my coworker) and I were having a discussion about believers baptism, along with why women can't be church elders earlier in the evening.  We didn't get real far with our conversation, but I could sense her protestant upbringing was really standing in her way to move forward with a walk with Jesus.

This "ticket" or track states such a simple and glorious gift message.  "Free and worth everything! Today, right now you can have the world's best free gift."  The final paragraph has the most gracious words anyone could ever hear: "Right now, if you trust in Jesus Christ as the One who died for you, was buried, and rose again, God will save you!  Do it now! Your eternity depends on it!!

The paragraphs in between state the precious words of the apostle Paul (thank you heavenly Father for sending Paul into the world and letting him record such blessings of letters).  There is scripture from Romans and Ephesians, along with the gospel words of John. 

The most important typed message on this track is this:  It mentions that you need to proclaim that you believe (trust) in Jesus Christ as our personal savior. 

You won't get this life saving, easy to repeat, most ignored message in many, many churches.  And I got it in a beer garden.  It now is on my refrigerator door.  I love it.  It is part of my conversion.  That man (don't know his name), helped save my soul through the work of the Holy Spirit in him.  Period.  This man is doing the work that God intended him to do. 

Along with a weekly Bible study at work, attending Prairie Lakes Church and hearing the REAL MESSAGE there, a daily devotional and Bible reading practice, and people like this man, I was saved.  The Lord decided to open my eyes to His written Word.  I finally heard the Holy Spirit whispers.  It has totally changed my life, forever.  Praise God!!!

My personal mission field includes many creative ways to reach people.  I knew I needed to utilize these tracks better.  I read through them at Family Christian Book Store and found a packet of them that speaks exactly to Christians who have not accepted Jesus as their personal Savior yet.  (and actually it speaks to anyone who cares to listen to this Biblical truth).  I typed up on the computer additional information and stuck it inside each of them.  It states something to the effect that I too used to see these booklets and ignore them.  But, please read the track as it can save you.  I explained I was a Lutheran and then a Catholic.  But, I was not filled with the Holy Spirit.  And the key was that a veil put over religion by satan has clouded Christians vision to see the only way to avoid Hell is with Jesus Christ.  Period.  Jesus Christ and our Father's Holy Word.  Period. 

My track does not include my name or any way to contact me.  It just asks the person to please read the track and not miss what I missed all of those years by tossing those aside. 

This blog is not a way for me to brag about what I do to try to gain points with God.  (I have exited those religions forever).  The Lord has told me to have loose lips for Him.  (Yes, He told me that).  I cannot ignore my Father's wishes.  Wherever you are in your spiritual journey I use this blog to speak to a large audience to please consider these every day occurrences that I share to see that I was saved and these were the things leading up to it, and these are the things that I am now doing for the Glory of Our Father!  All for Him and the spread of His kingdom. 

James 5:20  Remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death and cover the multitude of sins.

Matthew 28:18-20  Then Jesus came to them and said "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.  And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age". 

Luke 10:2  He told them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few.  Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field."

No comments:

Post a Comment